Wednesday, January 21, 2009

¿Hablàs Español?


We had our first Relief Society Homemaking meeting in the 'Spanish Group' last night and although I was stressed, it went well. We had a better turnout than I thought we would but I was easily distracted by the kids running all over the place, one of whom was my own since Tom was coaching wrestling practice and the older boys were at YM/scouts. Anywho, We tied a quilt and I was surprised at how many of the ladies had never done that before. But we made good time and did a queen sized quilt, from start to finish, in about two hours. Now I'm off the hook for a few weeks. They really like to do crafty things for their homes, more so than instructional-type stuff. It was mentioned that maybe they would like to do vinyl lettering on tile and so if anyone knows of a good, but short, saying that I can translate into Spanish, please let me know. In the meantime, portense bien, y nos vemos mas tarde.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away... just please remember this is a FAMILY blog! Thanks!

Followers

GENERAL CONFERENCE

GENERAL CONFERENCE
Tom, Talin and McKade

Downtown Temple Square and Conference Center

Tom and the boys were able to score some tickets to the Priesthood Session of the October General Conference in Downtown SLC. They made a Guys-day-out of it with golf, dinner, and conference. This was Talin's second time attending conference and McKade's first. I love my Priesthood-bearing boys!

Halloween 08

Halloween 08
Spooky!

Ah, Come on, BLUE!

Ah, Come on, BLUE!
It's like this...

Getting Ready to Relay for Life! 06/20/08

Getting Ready to Relay for Life! 06/20/08
We sold Cotton-Candy at the Relay. Our team raised over 800.00 for Cancer Research this year!